Hurricane Harvey has caused pain and suffering for many Texas families. Worries about finances can make trying to rebuild incredibly stressful. Given the high emotional toll, you may feel defeated when your insurance company underpays your claim. You may feel hiring an attorney to help is out of the question—but it’s not.
You may want to handle claims on your own, but complex processes and strict deadlines put you at a disadvantage. Attorneys working on contingency don’t get paid unless you receive compensation. If a lawyer incurs any court costs or expenses pursuing your claim, they’re only reimbursed if they successfully obtain additional insurance money for you.
As mentioned in a recent blog, the deadline to submit your Proof of Loss is fast approaching. You must submit a complete, accurate Proof of Loss form within one year of your initial claim. For many, this deadline falls on or around August 25, 2018—only two months from now. With this in mind, it’s important you act now.
What should you look for when searching for a flood and wind insurance attorney to help with your insurance claim? The right lawyer will be on your side to fight for the justice you deserve. To help inform your search process, look for the following:
- Proven Experience: Seek flood and wind insurance lawyers with years of proven experience in these cases. You want capable attorneys who fully understand the process and deadlines—so you feel you’re in the right hands.
- Free Consultation: Look for firms with a free consultation. Having the right attorney is important. Speak to an attorney so you can understand your options—and get a feel for the firm.
- Conveniently Located: Seek attorneys near you—in the heart of where Hurricane Harvey hit. You want local lawyers who can meet face-to-face during this process.
- Professional Adjusters: Look for a firm that sends their own professional, certified adjusters to determine the true value of your claim and assess your losses in full.
- Contingency Terms: Make sure your attorney only gets paid if you do. You want an attorney who is in it to fight for justice—rather than their own personal gain.
After the storm, you need someone you can trust. Don’t go it alone. If your home suffered damage during Hurricane Harvey and you have flood insurance, we can handle your entire Houston flood insurance claim for you. Contact the Harvey Flood Property Loss Attorneys at Long & Long at 713-863-0333.
The attorneys at Long & Long have successfully handled more than 7,500 property loss claims to secure the insurance benefits our clients deserve. Our attorneys fight on the front lines against unfair insurance payments and have dedicated their practice to fighting both FEMA and private insurance companies. We have been up against their adjusters, their lawyers, and their underpayment tactics time and time again. Let us help you get the recovery you deserve.
Our experienced Harvey Flood Insurance Claims Attorneys will fight to get you paid fully. Call Long & Long Property Loss Attorneys today at 713-863-0333. One of our experienced Houston Flood Insurance Lawyers is standing by to help.