Facebook Icon Twitter Icon YouTube Icon LinkedIn Icon

Were You Underpaid by Your Flood Insurance Company After Hurricane Harvey?

Long & Long Property Insurance Loss Attorneys, Mobile Alabama

Did you receive a payment from your flood insurance company to repair flood damage and contents damage, but feel you were underpaid?

Did your flood insurance company pay you the maximum policy limits on your flood policy for both property damage and contents damage?

Did you fill out your Proof of Loss correctly, or has your flood insurance company denied your claim due to paperwork mistakes?

Have you filed for your supplemental flood insurance claim?

Time is running out. If you have questions call Long & Long, Property Loss Attorneys now for help at 713-863-0333.

The one-year anniversary of Hurricane Harvey is August 25, 2018, and this is the last chance to submit a supplemental flood insurance claim. The deadline is only about one month away.

If you are like thousands of Houston residents who have unfairly been underpaid for property and contents damage, the deadline is quickly approaching to receive the insurance settlement you deserve.

After this deadline, your claim will be permanently closed, and you will no longer be able to secure any additional money to rebuild.

“Flood victims of Hurricane Harvey need to understand their rights and the deadlines in their FEMA flood policies,” Houston attorney Cate Biggs, who heads the Flood Litigation Team for Long & Long, said.

“We are seeing the same underpayments that we have seen in previous storms. Victims deserve to be fairly compensated to properly rebuild their most precious asset, their home.”

What’s the Most Important Step I Need to Take to Receive a Supplemental Claim?

In order to receive a supplemental insurance claim, you must file an accurate Proof of Loss statement.

The Proof of Loss must contain complete, accurate documentation that supports your claim and detailed estimates of damage sustained.

It is the policyholder’s responsibility to file an accurate Proof of Loss. However, filing a claim can be complicated, and it must meet FEMA’s strict standards.

Where Can I Turn to for Help with My Proof of Loss?

If you have any questions about how to file a Proof of Loss correctly, please call the experienced flood insurance claims attorneys at Long & Long for a free claim evaluation at 713-863-0333. One of our experienced Houston Flood Insurance Lawyers is standing by to help.

, ,